Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cali is an ALL Star



Cali had a basketball game today. It's like her forth one of the season but I always forget the camera. It's hard to take pictures and yell at the same time so there aren't a whole lot of pictures. Mostly, I just wanted to get on here and brag about my little super star. Previous years of basketball I couldn't really tell if Cali liked playing. She always asked to play though, so we sign up. She always acted like it was so tiring, which it is but she's young. And she was too nice...she wouldn't take the ball even if it was right in her face, she wouldn't put her hands up to block a shot even though she's the tallest on the team. Little things like that, just not aggressive.


Well, this year she has completely kicked it up a few notches. I can't believe the difference! She pushes herself to keep going. She's still a little too nice but we're working on that. ;) She shoots a lot and rebounds like a maniac. She can dribble with both hands, although she favors the left hand and she takes it to the hole. She tries to pass it, but you got to have a receiver for that. The coaches are depending on her a lot. She played almost the whole game today. I know, I know...I'm the mom, I've got a little bias going on.




It's just so great to see her growing. She has a long way to go, some fine tuning, but I think she is going to really enjoy this game after all! It's fun to see her have fun as well. Her team loses every week by a land slide and she is just happy to be playing. The best part is that she is very modest about it all. She thinks her teammates are the stars! I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter...basketball or not! She is such a light to my world. Her and Cole make my everyday! Love you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! You know I love the game and it is so fun that someone else in the family is enjoying the game as well. She is so big -- I love how tall she is! Tell her, her tall cousin says hi! Love you guys!

maggie said...

so fun to see pictures of cali! i wish we were close so we could see her in action! she is so beautiful! give her a great big hug and kiss from me!

Anonymous said...

go cali!!! you are the most awesomest girl. and soooo pretty! we adore you...and your mom and cole too.
xoxoxo
come for dinner again!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.