Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tomato Garden





I think I mentioned before that I was gardening this summer. I have never "gardened" before by myself. Well, it is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of time. Being that "time" is not my best friend, some of the garden was lost. First lesson, start small so that success is more easily reached. I tried to start small, but got excited by the possible outcome! With the operas and watching kids I didn't have as much time to spend in the garden as I would have liked. But that's OK! All is not lost! I did keep up on the peas and tomatoes! I know peas aren't that hard to keep going but with the heat this year it was a bit of a challenge (let me think what I want). My tomatoes, on the other hand, did need nuturing. The plants got huge! I am very proud of them! And the tomatoes are sooo good! There is nothing better than tomatoes right out of the garden. I picked these cherry tomatoes today. Enjoy!
P.S. Notice the tomato seed on Coles forehead (he really gets into his food)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cole is such a cutie! He is getting big so fast! Will loves tomatoes... I, on the other hand, hate them. But, I am happy for you that you enjoy them! haha
Talk with ya later Kels! Love ya!

maggie said...

looks so yummy! i can't believe cole is so big. i still see him as that little cutie from last summer! we need to see you guys! good job on the garden. ron wanted one so bad this year. hopefully we will be more organized next! love ya lots! XOXO